At Spectrum Orthopaedics, we are committed to advancing the science of orthopaedics, we are passionate about helping people, and we are devoted to the patients who seek our care.
Does this sound like you? If so, perhaps you’d be interested in joining our growing team. Below are the positions currently available.
Current Job Opportunities:
The Orthopaedic Technologist (Cast Tech) primarily applies and removes casts, splints and durable medical equipment with associated patient education. Evaluates and assesses wounds with appropriate communication to provider. Cast tech must maintain a positive relationship with patients, the patient's family members, other visitors and fellow employees. This position will be a full-time casting/DME position with possible coverage for MA’s.
- Proficient in the application of orthopedic casts, splints and dressing of wounds.
- Suture and staple removal with after care instructions for patients. Provide instructions to patients: skin care, cast care, and safety measures using handouts as appropriate. Instruct patients on cast wear, swelling, and how to remove and apply splints (document appropriate information in patient's chart).
- Patient assessment for complications of casts: pressure points, compartment syndrome, and compromised skin integrity. Cast repair and splinting.
- Cast removal, cleaning wounds, and applying dressings.
- Completes outpatient cast room charges and documents changes to the plan into EMR system.
- Responsible for cleaning and stocking exam rooms between patients and at the end of the clinic session.
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast paced and stressful situations.
- Able to work with patients of all ages.
- Pleasant attitude and neat appearance a must.
- Excellent communication skills with patients and co-workers.
- Computer skills required.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of one year of experience splint or cast room or in an Orthopaedic physician’s or hospital setting is preferred.
- MA preferred but not required
Full-time (Hours range from 7:30a-6:00p Monday – Friday)
Location: 7442 Frank Avenue NW; North Canton, Ohio 44720
Job Type: Full-Time and Part-Time
We are currently looking for experienced certified or registered medical assistants for a fast-paced environment. Orthopaedic experience preferred. Full and part-time positions available. Must possess good computer and typing skills. EHR experience preferred. Experience with Allmeds EHR and Centricity PM software is preferred but not a requirement. Must have experience in the following areas:
- Greeting and rooming patients taking vitals
- Acting as scribe in room with physician
- Documenting visit with physician in EHR system
- Take patient history and reason why patient came to see physician
- Entering orders/prescriptions/testing in EHR system
- E-scribing prescriptions/calling in prescriptions to pharmacies
- Assisting patients and physicians
- Drawing up injections
- Educating and instructing patients regarding treatment administered
- Maintain and set up patient rooms
- Return phone calls to patients
- Staple and suture removal
- Minor dressing changes
- Casting/splinting and DME experience beneficial but not required
Full-time (40 hours with benefits available - medical, dental, vision, life, 401k/profit sharing)
- Medical Assisting: 1 year
Required License or Certification:
- CMA and/or RMA
Request An Appointment