Frederick P. Korpi, DO
Board-Eligible Orthopedic Surgeon
Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
General Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Frederick P. Korpi is a board-eligible orthopaedic surgeon with expertise in orthopaedic trauma.
When you experience orthopaedic trauma, you need a highly skilled and expert surgeon to treat your injury right away. Fellowship-trained and board-eligible orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Frederick P. Korpi offers comprehensive, high-quality care to get you back on your feet.
Dr. Korpi is new to Spectrum Orthopaedics, but he has extensive clinical experience from volunteering at our Orthopaedic Urgent Care Center since 2014. He has also shadowed veteran doctors at Spectrum Orthopaedics, including Dr. Lykins and Dr. Coss.
Dr. Korpi earned his bachelor of science degree in cellular and molecular biology and his bachelor of arts degree in human performance and physical education from Adams State College in Alamosa, Colorado. He earned his doctorate in osteopathic medicine at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine at A.T. Still University. Dr. Korpi then went on to complete his medical internship and orthopaedic residency at Affinity Medical Center in Massillon, Ohio, and his orthopaedic trauma fellowship at Grant Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio.
Prior to volunteering at our Orthopaedic Urgent Care center and completing his residency at Affinity Medical Center, Dr. Korpi administered sports physicals at Jackson, Perry, and Tuslaw High Schools during the fall seasons of 2013 through 2017. He also taught anatomy, histology, and neuroanatomy courses for the Anatomy Fellowship at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Member – Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Member – AO North America
- Member – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member – American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Member – American Osteopathic Association
- Member – American Medical Association
- Member – Ohio Osteopathic Association
Licensures and Certifications
- Advanced Trauma Life Support, June 2015 – 2018
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, June 2017 – 2019
- Basic Life Support Certification, June 2017 – 2019
- Ohio State Medical Board Certification, 2014
- COMLEX Level III, 2013
- COMLEX Level II CE, 2012
- COMLEX Level II PE, 2012
- COMLEX Level I, 2010