Request An Appointment
X-rays (or radiographs) are among the most common diagnostic imaging techniques used by orthopedic providers. An X-ray is electromagnetic beam that highlights the bones in your body. The image allows your doctor to determine the cause of an injury – most often broken bones – and helps ensure an accurate diagnosis.
Spectrum Orthopaedics is proud to offer leading-edge digital X-ray technology on site. The Definium 8000 digital X-ray, for example, is so advanced it allows us to achieve film-quality imaging in less time and with lower doses of radiation.
Because the images are digital, they can be can enhanced and manipulated to achieve the most accurate diagnosis. What’s more, X-rays can be accessed easily by all your physicians, which leads to better communication, better care, and better outcomes.
At Spectrum Orthopaedics, digital X-rays are commonly used to:
- Identify fractures and joint dislocations
- Check to see if bones are aligned and stabilized after fracture treatment
- Detect bone cancer/tumors
- Diagnose a bone infection
- Monitor progressive diseases such as arthritis and osteoporosis
- Guide the doctor during orthopedic surgery