Hand Surgeons in North Canton, OH
If you need hand surgery, you want a skilled expert – a specialist who has advanced training in complex hand injuries and conditions. Spectrum Orthopaedics is fortunate to have experienced hand surgeons on our team.
A variety of factors can affect hand function, causing pain and restricting movement. These include:
- Degenerative conditions such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
- Cumulative trauma disorders such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Soft tissue conditions such as deQuervain’s tendonitis or Dupuytren’s disease
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, and spinal cord injury
- Trauma injuries such as burns, flexor and extensor tendon injuries, or hand nerve injuries
- Wrist fractures or hand dislocations
If you have musculoskeletal and arthritis-related problems in your hands or wrists, chances are you won’t require surgery. Instead, conservative treatment options such as modifying activities, icing to reduce swelling and inflammation, splinting, pain medications, steroid injections, or occupational or hand therapy can help relieve your pain and restore function.
However, if your pain is severe or you have lost function due to tendon or nerve damage, hand surgery might be the most effective option.
At Spectrum Orthopaedics, we offer a wide range of advanced surgical options to help restore hand function, no matter the cause. One of our more promising treatments is endoscopic carpal tunnel release. This minimally invasive surgical procedure is performed using narrow surgical instruments that are placed through a small incision.
With this procedure, our surgeons are able to operate on the carpal tunnel without disturbing the nearby tissues. This surgery provides patients many advantages, including reduced scarring, pain, and recovery time.
Request An Appointment