Degenerative Conditions, Tumors, Trauma, and Deformity
As a leading spinal center, Spectrum Orthopaedics offers state-of-the-art treatments for a wide range of neck and back conditions. These include osteoarthritis, tumors, herniated discs, ruptured discs, slipped discs, spinal stenosis, trauma, and congenital deformities, such as scoliosis.
For many patients, the symptoms of spinal problems can be relieved with medications, bracing, and rehabilitation. However, if conservative treatments have proven ineffective and your pain is both persistent and disabling, surgery may provide a lasting solution. For example, in cases where a nerve or the spinal cord is directly compressed and causing considerable loss of function, surgery is often the only solution.
Different types of spine surgery include:
- Discectomy, which involves removing the herniated portion of a disk to relieve the irritation and inflammation of a compressed nerve.
- Laminectomy, which involves removing the overlying bone of the spinal canal, thus enlarging the canal and relieving nerve pressure caused by spinal stenosis
- Spinal fusion, which permanently connects two or more bones to add stability to a spinal fracture or eliminate painful motion between vertebrae due to a degenerated or injured disk
- Lumbar and cervical artificial discs, which are implanted as an alternative to spinal fusion
- Kyphoplasty and vertebropasty, which involves adding bone cement to stabilize a spinal fracture
Jared Stefanko DO, MS
Orthopaedic Spine ad Neck Specialist
If you require surgery, rest assured that our surgical team can provide a number of sophisticated options to help you regain function and relieve pain. To schedule an appointment with a spine surgeon in North Canton, Ohio call (330) 305-0838 or use our online appointment request form.
Request An Appointment